How do I wire up power mirrors in 94 Sierra?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on trying to find a pair of door panels from a 92-94 Yukon or Blazer that has factory power mirrors so I can swap them into my 94 Sierra that has manual mirrors but power locks and windows. The big chrome mirrors look better imo, but the drivers side folds in on the highway and the passenger side isn't convex so it's extremely difficult to see anything out of it.

I have a few questions about the new door panels though.

First, do I have to rewire my power windows since they change locations and are a different switch?
Second, are the switches for the windows backlit?
And finally the big question, how do I wire the power mirrors?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I would suggest getting all the wiring from a donor truck, be it the Blazer or a Suburban, either will have what you need. Then you won't have to worry too much about wiring things manually. The windows switch is the only one lit, on both sides, and yes the windows switch wiring connectors are different. The connectors between the two door Blazer and the four door Suburban are the same tho, just a few more wires in the Suburban connector to accommodate the extra two switches.

Also, good luck finding a good set of door panels. They're harder to find than an intact dash.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would suggest getting all the wiring from a donor truck, be it the Blazer or a Suburban, either will have what you need. Then you won't have to worry too much about wiring things manually. The windows switch is the only one lit, on both sides, and yes the windows switch wiring connectors are different. The connectors between the two door Blazer and the four door Suburban are the same tho, just a few more wires in the Suburban connector to accommodate the extra two switches.

Also, good luck finding a good set of door panels. They're harder to find than an intact dash.

Alright thanks, its gonna be really hard to find the right door panels since i want the ones out of a Blazer or Yukon, and I'd like to have ones that are the same color as my truck, but it's nice to know that it is possible.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You can actually get the Suburban door panels as well, you don't absolutely have to have the panels out of the Blazer/Yukon. They're the same as far as the panels themselves. It's the Blazer/Yukon SWITCH on the driver side you need. I've been watching for a good looking Suburban interior to grab pieces from because I never see Blazers or Yukons from 92-94, but there seem to always be plentiful Suburbans in the salvage yards. So I've thought about just using the 4-door switch and hold out for the 2-door version.