High Performance replacement throttle body only???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vettepilot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am going to upgrade my dead tired 350 in my 1994 GMC K1500. I'll build a mild engine with decent heads and an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, mild cam, aluminum heads, headers, etc.

I would like to retain the original throttle body EFI for various reasons. Yeah, I know it will need tuned, back to that later. The first question is the throttle body itself. I have rebuilt the original and modified it for better flow. I could run it using an adapter. However, I would rather replace it with a "4150" style throttle body, run by the stock computer. Any recommendations??? Any that I see advertised seem to only come in complete kits??

Next, the tuning. Buying the stuff to program/burn chips, or the emulator setup, and learning how to tune the stock system seems very daunting and maybe more than I want to take on. But I need the stock computer to run the transmission. What are the options for my case?? Perhaps as many as thousands of people must haave found themselves in the same quandry??

Help!!?? The poor old thing ain't gonna keep going much longer, and it's such a pig it bums me out to drive it!!

Thanks!!
Vettepilot
PS - No, no, no...--> "LS" just ain't gonna happen!!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd expect you'll need some sort of electronic amplifier that will run four injectors controlled by a computer set up to drive two injectors.

Edelbrock once sold a TBI upgrade injection system that used the stock computer and an adapter box to batch-fire eight port injectors--four at a time.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not know if they are still made or not or if you can still get them at all but at one time holley made tbi upgrade units and even had a 4 barrel 4 injector tbi but like I said I do not know if they are still made and if any sites still have any left

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
me personally I would get a tbi unit from a 454 and port it and clean it up the best I could you would need different injectors though

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could use an EBL Flash to tune the engine and re-pin a few wires and use the factory computer to run the transmission, I did this in my 94 about 10 years ago and it worked great.

Or if you don’t have any smog requirements;

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 383 we are building right now we are going to use a throttle body and tbi intake that are both bored out to 2” and tune it with the EBL Flash, then use the US Shift Quick 4 stand alone to run the 4L80E. Just another option to think about.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Edelbrock injection conversion stopped production years ago.
A big block TBI has more flow, it was matched for 454. Modified injectors are around, take looking.
Wasn't there a TBI Corvette with two throttle bodies for performance? Hers the Edelbrock. By the time I was ready for this , it was NLA. Later I thought , I wonder if I could modify this for a Vortec , get rid of the split manifold?
You must be registered for see images attach