Help with wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris032188

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1994 k3500 that I just bought is a little bit of a rats nest. The knock sensor wasn't connected (fixed that) but on passenger side there appears to be a coolant temp sensor with 1 green wire running to it, but it's rigged up to a 2 pin connector. It's a two pin sensor also. This doesn't seem right to me, I am just trying to figure out the sensor part # and proper harness. I cannot find anything on rockauto other then the gauge sensor sender. There is a chance the harness or engine isn't stock.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make, model, year, and any info that applies to you question. Like eng size, or type transmission. There's six eng possible, etc.. They all look the same twenty feet away, but open the doors and hood there all different.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild Guess with no evidence: 454, with the electric-fan sensor at the rear of the right cylinder head.

But, yeah, there's no reason to not list a proper vehicle description in the first post.

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the driver side head have a sensor sticking out of it? If not, I bet that the heads have been pulled for a head gasket change, and the heads swapped side for side during reassembly