Harness Swap Gone Wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is that truck with the compressor photo? That small circle is where the overpressure plug seal is located. The later year models have a over pressure switch that opens the circuit, cutting off power to AC clutch till pressure reduces.
You must be registered for see images attach

89RCLB

Old Dudes Rule
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only guess that someone replaced the compressor with the wrong part. My 89's have the compressor with connector/switch as shown in the pic that I previously posted, I would think that a 1990 would be the same. But, that's another guess on my part without digging through the Service Manual.

Low Country

Reaction score
What year is that truck with the compressor photo? That small circle is where the overpressure plug seal is located. The later year models have a over pressure switch that opens the circuit, cutting off power to AC clutch till pressure reduces.
You must be registered for see images attach
the truck in that photo is a 90, the wire harness i replaced the original with is an 89. I suspect it was a late model 89 as it didnt have the 88-89 door panels on it, but had the front end.