GOT a van!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the valuable info i was looking for L31MaxExpress, Thanks.
I'll look for a 5.7 engine and rebuild it.
Should mention i will just hold onto it in case the wife's 5.3 ever goes bad.
Sounds like a better plan. Your van is probably heavy like mine was and from what I remember is a high top too. The 350 has a lot of low-midrange grunt to lug that beast around. If you were to stroke the 350, leaving everything else stock you would gain an easy 40 ft/lbs of torque. If I were to do it over again, I would have probably just duplicated a HT383Es bottom end but used some 170cc Etec aluminum heads and a Summit 8800 cam.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if ill go 383 as that adds a lot of cost. The cam does look nice though!

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess for headers ill try a old junky set to check fitment and go from there.
This is a fall winter project so just trying to figure out what i wanna do in the next few weeks so i can start collecting up stuff.
Here is where im at so far.
Wrecking yard has several Vortec engines and wants $750 for a complete guaranteed runner that i choose. Of course i would want the one with best compression, lowest mileage.
Bring it home tare it apart and freshen it up with new rings, maybe flat top pistons, bearings, lifters and rebuilt heads. Try for a good quench build. Use the Summit 8800 cam, 0411 swap, Headers.
Maybe spring for some Aluminum heads.
Finally learn how to use HPTurners to do more then turn off vats.

Edit: I have also thought about just getting a Reman short block and starting with that.

Last edited:

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not up to much this weekend so it finally time to change the Injectors.
Going to take a chance on these as they are local and i don't wanna wait for shipping.

Also will be changing the lower intake gaskets as there is no time better then now and fix that little seeping on the back o2 side of the intake as shown in post #66.

You must be registered for see images attach

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intake manifold gaskets are SHOT! I can not find the end of the one gasket on top.
The intake was not even stuck down like they usually are. I can't believe there was no water leaking into the oil.
I'll post up some more pics tomorrow but it started raining so had to stop working.