Gasser to diesel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already own one diesel. That's why i was asking if it's worth putting this k1500 into a diesel. And how expensive the transfer from gasser to diesel on this was. I was told a dmax or ls it if i wanted. But my main question how much is really going to be replaced, fixed and enduranced up in the long run meaning upgraded... and i dont need it i was just curious hence why i posted just for insights:)
Everything

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's always the new guys.

Richard
I had a guy earlier today on the FB page that we're on that was thinking that I was trying to argue about my opinions. It was in regards to hot under hood air being pulled into the intake. He recommended a youtube channel and said "he has done all the tests on setups, air intake boxes, turbos, IC tests". I went and looked at the channel and found the DIY intake without testing and even his most recent video mentions wanting to go back to the original intake due to intake temperature problems. I mention that and suddenly I'm arguing.

Apparently I just ate a box of simpleton a$$holes for breakfast and you know what say, you are what you eat.

madhatter666

Reaction score
I had a guy earlier today on the FB page that we're on that was thinking that I was trying to argue about my opinions. It was in regards to hot under hood air being pulled into the intake. He recommended a youtube channel and said "he has done all the tests on setups, air intake boxes, turbos, IC tests". I went and looked at the channel and found the DIY intake without testing and even his most recent video mentions wanting to go back to the original intake due to intake temperature problems. I mention that and suddenly I'm arguing.

Apparently I just ate a box of simpleton a$$holes for breakfast and you know what say, you are what you eat.
SALTS

madhatter666

Reaction score
Umm actually it was help. There wasn't any hate intended. Im sorry that I didn't stroke you in a way that made you happy. If you'd like to kiss a rattlesnake that is up to you.
If you wanna stroke me not happening. But yes i would kiss a rattlesnake anyday

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I once had a '92 k1500. A compound turbo 4bt cummins with nv4500 found it's way under the hood. Stock transfer case and 10 bolt axle. It put 496hp to the wheels. I towed with it, and regularly beat it. The weak spot was found one day as the boost gauge rounded 80lb, I split the engine block from front to back.
In the 1500, I don't recommend going over 350hp when diesel powered. The frame gets flexy at power and windshields aren't flexy. At 350hp it won't be flexing enough to break windshields. There is MANY engines that can be used. Take your pick. Don't use the 4l60 transmission though.

madhatter666

Reaction score
Will you be OK new guy

We're worried about you :)

BTW this is a very helpful place but not when someone comes in new and starts talking trash right off the bat.

If you already know everything, wonder why you're in here asking questions?

Richard
Never said i know everything i just said i know the current set up is trash. Plus my question was what would be the easiest way to tranfer it over without dumping loads of cash etc.

madhatter666

Reaction score
I once had a '92 k1500. A compound turbo 4bt cummins with nv4500 found it's way under the hood. Stock transfer case and 10 bolt axle. It put 496hp to the wheels. I towed with it, and regularly beat it. The weak spot was found one day as the boost gauge rounded 80lb, I split the engine block from front to back.
In the 1500, I don't recommend going over 350hp when diesel powered. The frame gets flexy at power and windshields aren't flexy. At 350hp it won't be flexing enough to break windshields. There is MANY engines that can be used. Take your pick. Don't use the 4l60 transmission though.
If that's the case what is a set up you would use then to tranfer that would be okay if possible?