Front Bumper Impact Strip Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Ended up replacing impact strip with bumper on, the 4 nuts are actually accessible. Impact strip and license plate bracket were from a NOS score on FB Market.
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks great! I wish I could have stumbled across NOS. The LMC strip doesn't just push into the holes like OEM, but requires you to use round push fasteners on the backside of the bumper on the plastic posts (everything but the two outside post). That's why I had to remove mine.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front strip (pn GM1057127) I bought at Rock Auto a few years ago (For $12.21) is starting to crackle on the chrome already :Stupid Me: At least the price was good.:rolleyes:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I wish I could have stumbled across NOS. The LMC strip doesn't just push into the holes like OEM, but requires you to use round push fasteners on the backside of the bumper on the plastic posts (everything but the two outside post). That's why I had to remove mine.
This strip was on a Tahoe originally, but impact strips(front and rear), grille(getting installed soon), headlights, taillights were removed at about 10k. They are essentially NOS. The license plate bracket had not been installed previously but was included in that parts haul. Strip snapped in tight still though.
You must be registered for see images attach