Footwell lights help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cvrlos

Reaction score
I bought a painless footwell courtesy light kit. I am having trouble knowing where to splice the white and black wire into to get them to turn on along with the dome light. (Dome light works)

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you mean the interior lights, the courtesy lights, or you mean the aftermarket installed on door " puddle lights " .
Interior floor lighting is courtesy lighting. It may a foot well, or a floor. GM calls it.

Cvrlos

Reaction score
Do you mean the interior lights, the courtesy lights, or you mean the aftermarket installed on door " puddle lights " .
Interior floor lighting is courtesy lighting. It may a foot well, or a floor. GM calls it.
It’s the lighting under the dash that lights onto the floor. I want to add them onto my truck because it didn’t come with it. I want to know where to connect them to

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It helps if start with , year, make , model. Different models years have different wiring.

Cvrlos

Reaction score
It helps if start with , year, make , model. Different models years have different wiring.
It’s a 1992 GMC sierra. I see it has the white and orange wires that are on the drive side under the door sill but I’m not sure if I should wire them into that or into the the switch that is on the side of the dash for when you open the door that cues the dome light to turn on.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
On my 91 RCSB, it's an orange and white wire set going to the drivers side under dash light.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where do the white and orange wires run to from the light?
So up under the dash there is what I believe they call the "convince center" and this was the plug that runs the drivers side light. I tested it by removing it and the light went out. To the left of that plug is the same color wires on another plug, it MAY do the passenger side, I didn't look, sorry.
Hopefully this helps you. And if for some reason it doesn't, there are factory service manuals available for download in the engine and performance section. They are in the "sticky" section.
Good luck and report back with your progress.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So up under the dash there is what I believe they call the "convince center" and this was the plug that runs the drivers side light. I tested it by removing it and the light went out. To the left of that plug is the same color wires on another plug, it MAY do the passenger side, I didn't look, sorry.
Hopefully this helps you. And if for some reason it doesn't, there are factory service manuals available for download in the engine and performance section. They are in the "sticky" section.
Good luck and report back with your progress.

Nothing under the dash is convenient. :fca5278d: