Eprom custom tuning for 283?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jebadiah

Reaction score
Thanks for coming back and updating us! This is absolutely awesome, and I bet it's a fun grocery getter that just makes ya grin when you drive it. Not cuz it's fast, but just because you did it! It "may" get better fuel mileage if you spend enough time super focused on detailed tuning, like carb jets, secondary opening settings, and timing curve adjustments.
Curious what distributor you went with?
Sorry this took so long. A stock hei for a 78 k10 or whatever vehicle would have one fits fine. I bought a new accel from summit for around 100 bucks.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All while getting 16-18mpg and around 20mpg if driven light on highway. Thanks guys for your input.
That’s a lot of work for that fuel economy. My ‘92 C1500 350/5 speed with 3.08 gears had a 2 year average of 18 mpg. That is mixed highway and in town. My lows never dipped below 16 and that was in the winter.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jebadiah

Reaction score
That’s a lot of work for that fuel economy. My ‘92 C1500 350/5 speed with 3.08 gears had a 2 year average of 18 mpg. That is mixed highway and in town. My lows never dipped below 16 and that was in the winter.
You must be registered for see images attach
I didn't do it for economy. I did it because my truck needed an engine.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missed the part where you said the 350 let go, my bad. I thought you did it purely for mpg. Shame about the TBI because that would have been cool, but I understand your direction.