Efan conversation where do I screw in thermostat kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside03

Reaction score
I got a Efan kit that came with the radiator and Efans for my 1990 Silverado but wanted to know where do I screw in the thermostat adapter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 14

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, that is a thermister for the gauge. Hold on to your factory parts.
Yes, you need an on/off switch to ground your relay.

I would say more than 1/2 of electric fan conversions end up right back with the clutch fan.
Yeah, I'm keeping my clutch fan and just adding a pusher fan for the condenser.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While your under the hood, will you please tidy up the power cable for your amp.
...and get a proper air filter lid so it's not drawing hot underhood air.

I would say more than 1/2 of electric fan conversions end up right back with the clutch fan.
Yup. It takes a REAL electric fan pair to cool a V8. Most aftermarket crap is suitable for four- and six-poppers.

Given that six-poppers are starting to put out real power, even they're set up with expensive dual fans and complex, multi-relay low- and high-speed operation.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
...and get a proper air filter lid so it's not drawing hot underhood air.

Yup. It takes a REAL electric fan pair to cool a V8. Most aftermarket crap is suitable for four- and six-poppers.

Given that six-poppers are starting to put out real power, even they're set up with expensive dual fans and complex, multi-relay low- and high-speed operation.
I had the 1987 G20 running in the shop for over an hour this afternoon. 102F in the shade. Idle, 1,350 rpm and even 2,000 and 2,500 rpm for a while. The temperature gauge did not budge of 195-200F with the 195F thermostat and the a/c stayed nice and cold. Best improvement on these trucks is a mechanical fan with more blades, more surface area and steeper pitch as well as the electric pusher condenser fan. The OE GM HD cooling parts are as close to a bolt in unit that you can buy and affordible.

You must be registered for see images attach