Ecm tuning question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcarver9007

Reaction score
Good morning new member here. So I have an ecm question. I have a 1992 GMC sierra SBSC that I recently bought. It was originally a 4.3 TBI 5 speed manual. Guy I bought it from did an engine swap it is now a 5.7 vortec 5 speed manual. He claims the engine is from a 97 suburban but I'm not sure about the pcm. The harness was bought aftermarket I have the paperwork but honestly can't remember the name right now and I'm at work. Truck seems to be running very rich and just not running right. Stalls every now and then. My question is if that pcm came out of the suburban as well it is probably originally tuned for an automatic I assume this would cause major running issues with the engine not seeing an automatic transmission? Also if this is the case how would I know could I tell from the numbers on the module? Also can that be be reprogrammed by a tuner or would I have to get a pcm from a manual trans 5.7 truck?