e-fan conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you said " my other sub came from factory" . And the engineers probably did a lot of mental gymnastics making it a reliable design.
One fan or two? How many CFM each?

burbanswervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you said " my other sub came from factory" . And the engineers probably did a lot of mental gymnastics making it a reliable design.
One fan or two? How many CFM each?
I got a dual fan setup radiator and shroud custom built for my gmt400, gmt800 is an 05 came factory with efans nothing crazy to it

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a dual fan setup radiator and shroud custom built for my gmt400, gmt800 is an 05 came factory with efans nothing crazy to it
And its your setup, and you know what your are doing with your vehicle and no one else does. I am not into electric fans for the most part, but that is how I have my 75 F250 Highboy (yes a real Highboy) set up because it cools better when I'm crawling in the woods in 4 low, and the huge grill jams plenty of air through going down the highway.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Highboy..? Lifted Ford?

32 highboy dart block.
Ford Highboy, I forget the exact years but the factory lifted Ford F250s with a divorced np205. They put a lift block in the back and the spring hop was terrible! Mine is not factory any more, but I still the the blocks if someone wants to shake their brains out?

Attachments

• 20240321_155944.jpg
    20240321_155944.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 8

Oakr11

Reaction score
im installing e-fans in my 1996 gmc suburban k1500 and i just wanted to know where i should wire the switched ignition. in the fuse box there is ign A and ign B do i wire to one of them?
I would take my test light and find an switched terminal in the fuse block under the dash. GM put terminals in there just for such things. Hacking into the wiring harness at random spots is a bad idea. I’ve made thousands of dollars finding and fixing things like that. My 1994 has the optional aux. fan. It’s possible that it’s already wired for it.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Terminal blocks that are hot with key on under hood?

burbanswervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take my test light and find an switched terminal in the fuse block under the dash. GM put terminals in there just for such things. Hacking into the wiring harness at random spots is a bad idea. I’ve made thousands of dollars finding and fixing things like that. My 1994 has the optional aux. fan. It’s possible that it’s already wired for it.
Thanks ill check it out