Dry Ice Detailing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have been thinking about getting your truck undercarriage steam, pressure, etc., cleaned this might be for you.

Please look at these before and after pics and see what you think: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4LLpjHujagpwkiBU8
That's pretty cool (pun intended) I've seen them do mold remediation with it, never crossed my mind to do this with it though.

What is the damage to the wallet for something like that?

And thanks for sharing. I'm sure a lot of people will find it interesting.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Call around , web search there might be a shop in your area.
Ya, I just spent the last 5 min looking, quite a few actually, then stumbled across one with prices, STARTING at $2800!!! LOL
I honestly don't know if that's a good price or not, wasn't prepared to see that number though. Wow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

isd503

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is expensive, but worth every penny. Just look at the results. In my case, I had nearly 30 years of dirt, oil, grit, etc. under there and I could not tell where a potential problem was or even if there was a problem. Then, every time I worked on my car in the garage or driveway I had to cleanup immediately or face trying to get the stains out of the concrete. It's about $250.00 an hour. In my case, it was $2500.00 for 10 hours to clean the engine compartment and the undercarriage. The guy said he could have spent another 3-4 hours on it but at that point it was getting cost prohibitive for me.

If you do not get a 10-hour quote on an older truck you're not getting it done right.

Trio

Gold member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is expensive, but worth every penny. Just look at the results. In my case, I had nearly 30 years of dirt, oil, grit, etc. under there and I could not tell where a potential problem was or even if there was a problem. Then, every time I worked on my car in the garage or driveway I had to cleanup immediately or face trying to get the stains out of the concrete. It's about $250.00 an hour. In my case, it was $2500.00 for 10 hours to clean the engine compartment and the undercarriage. The guy said he could have spent another 3-4 hours on it but at that point it was getting cost prohibitive for me.

If you do not get a 10-hour quote on an older truck you're not getting it done right.

I assume they separate the body from the frame?

isd503

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. They have a gun, like a pressure washer gun, they use to get up into the cracks and crevices of the various parts. You may also find that some paint will be removed because the dirt and grime has adhered to it after so many years. That was not a problem for me because I want to completely disassemble the truck to the frame and rebuild/repaint it.

So, they cannot typically reach the top of the transmission for example.

This process helps a mechanic and/or you to identify exactly where your problems are located so you can repair those and drive your truck long distances confidently.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've seen Youtube videos of a highend detailing shop out in California doing it. I don't see the point for a vehicle like our trucks. A pressure washer would work well enough, in my opinion, especially if you're not looking at it for detailing, but for prep of working-on, or disassembly for restoration.