Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You didn't get it wet enough. Next time try a tack coat and two flood coats. You will have very little finish sanding and buffing if you do it like that.
Thanks for that tip.
I just foolishly followed the directions on the can! Lol
The color cans said to do it like you said, one thin tack coat and then two heavier ones.

Wonder why the clear would be different?
Oh well......next time....as the front bumper is next on the hot list

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip.
I just foolishly followed the directions on the can! Lol
The color cans said to do it like you said, one thin tack coat and then two heavier ones.

Wonder why the clear would be different?
Oh well......next time....as the front bumper is next on the hot list
There's a fine line between getting it wet and having runs. That's where the the spray gun shines. You can turn the material knob in so it's just making a fine mist and lay it up there gradually. Martin Senior(Sherwin-Williams)(NAPA) used to sell a clearcoat they called Ultra Glamour polyurethane. I loved the stuff,laid on like glass and wasn't as prone to run. That blue chopper was painted with it.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a fine line between getting it wet and having runs. That's where the the spray gun shines. You can turn the material knob in so it's just making a fine mist and lay it up there gradually. Martin Senior(Sherwin-Williams)(NAPA) used to sell a clearcoat they called Ultra Glamour polyurethane. I loved the stuff,laid on like glass and wasn't as prone to run. That blue chopper was painted with it.
Ya, the "fan" you get from a can and trying to get 50% overlap is hard without getting runs. Definitely where the gun comes in handy. I did get one run with the clear....but I ain't saying where!!!
My little secret!!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That color match is probably more than you hoped for and you’ll get it better with some wet sand and buffing. I think all in all it looks great.
Thanks.
Definitely happy it's as close as it is, considering the age of the original paint.
Id say it can't get any worse.....but I'm sure I can F it up worse trying to "fix" it!!! Lol