Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Oh Lord.....what is this idiot up too now???
That is what will be going through woman's head when she sees this sitting in the box when she comes home.
She, and y'all will find out soon enough.....it's nap time. Maybe I'll start today, maybe tomorrow....but I will start eventually!!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dammit man,I should have bought stock in Duplicolor.
Ya.... friggin not cheap!!! Lol
That's about $200 right there. And parususing the Eastwood site, I'm about 1/2 in for what it would cost for "real" paint. But I'm not quite ready for that yet. Let woman get used to these fumes before she gets really angry when I do a "real" paint job!!! Lol
Plus when it's that time, I'll build a booth. And that would really require me to do more work than I'm willing to do right now. And doing a motor swap before the paint is probably a good idea. This will just get me more presentable while out and about.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How well is the new paint matching the old,faded paint?

It's hard to say quite yet. The tailgate hasn't had the clear put on yet, that's happening either late tonight or tomorrow. But it looks pretty dang close. Definitely better than a "close enough" color off the rack.
I'm at least trying to do the wrong thing the right way! Lol

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score

It's hard to say quite yet. The tailgate hasn't had the clear put on yet, that's happening either late tonight or tomorrow. But it looks pretty dang close. Definitely better than a "close enough" color off the rack.
I'm at least trying to do the wrong thing the right way! Lol
Nah, wrong thing is what I almost did today. Even bought a quart of it for the suburban floor.

Not knowing how well a rattlecan top coat will bond, and it needing a good mixing ruled it out for use today.

That tailgate looks really good to me.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah, wrong thing is what I almost did today. Even bought a quart of it for the suburban floor.

Not knowing how well a rattlecan top coat will bond, and it needing a good mixing ruled it out for use today.

That tailgate looks really good to me.
Lol....I have been tempted to grab a couple of gallons of black Tremclad when I'm rolling through our local farm supply stores ...but I know I'd hate myself for doing it!!
Even looked up metal flakes on Amazon.
Would be a lot of work for what I know wouldn't satisfy my minor OCD.
Damn YouTube searches for diy paint jobs is dangerous!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That tailgate color turned out great!

Always been a fan of Duplicolor paints. Is that an off-the-shelf color?
It's from the color match line, Bahama Blue, right off the shelf.
The big national all things store, Canadian Tire, has a huge selection of them in most stores. There is a LOT of them, hundreds of colors!!! Some are pretty cool.