Dead spot at WOT in first and second gear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shannon78

Reaction score
If you're running the stock ECM GM set the RPM fuel shut off(rev limiter)at 4800 RPM's and you have probably discovered it shuts down at 98 MPH too. That's the speed fuel cutoff so the cops can catch you.
No sir my truck will run faster than 98 mph. I'll run near that in 3rd gear. This is all most like a lose connection or something of that nature. Because when I grab 2nd gear it's rocking again with the exception of just a few times. If I do a 3rd gear pull it's all good. It's mostly just first gear and it's not a every time thing. It's almost like it has its days. Lol

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're running the stock ECM GM set the RPM fuel shut off(rev limiter)at 4800 RPM's and you have probably discovered it shuts down at 98 MPH too. That's the speed fuel cutoff so the cops can catch you.

No sir my truck will run faster than 98 mph.
No speed limiter in '88. Probably no speed limiter in '89. If there's a speed limiter on any of the TBI trucks, I don't know about it. Same for an RPM limiter--I don't know about 'em.

The 96-up Vortec trucks had speed and RPM limiters.