Custom taillight options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had this crazy dream / idea. So ive had bob king welding beds, cm flatbeds, western haulers. Always liked the diagonal / oval tail lights. To me they justvlook slick as hell. Now ive seen the taillights blacked out / paint blended into the bed with the lights made into the bumper. But never saw any tailights made where taillights go.

What im looking for is say like The 2 2” red & 1 reverse. Anyone done anything crazy like that??

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had this crazy dream / idea. So ive had bob king welding beds, cm flatbeds, western haulers. Always liked the diagonal / oval tail lights. To me they justvlook slick as hell. Now ive seen the taillights blacked out / paint blended into the bed with the lights made into the bumper. But never saw any tailights made where taillights go.

What im looking for is say like The 2 2” red & 1 reverse. Anyone done anything crazy like that??
Can't say that I have.
Have a pic for reference???
I THINK I know what you are talking about, but I'm a few rye's in right now and am having a hard time visualizing. Lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
To me, most of the ready-made aftermarket taillights look weird enough already - I'm having a hard time seeing universal style truck lighting grafted into the GMT400 taillight area. However, a whole bunch of different lights could look good stuck in a roll pan. But with a twist.. not just stuck onto the surface or even flush with the surface, but make a cut-out on each side and sink a 3D steel pan in each side to hold the lights, sorta like a license plate box.

Richard

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To me, most of the ready-made aftermarket taillights look weird enough already - I'm having a hard time seeing universal style truck lighting grafted into the GMT400 taillight area. However, a whole bunch of different lights could look good stuck in a roll pan. But with a twist.. not just stuck onto the surface or even flush with the surface, but make a cut-out on each side and sink a 3D steel pan in each side to hold the lights, sorta like a license plate box.

Richard
yea it was just one of those thoughts . I was in a bob king bed friday ; it had corvette lights grafted into the back bumper (with u being where you are im sure u see plenty of welding rigs like that)

With there beds if its not grafted into the bumper, they do so much custom to tail light area you never know its actualy a working bed. Yall are right . It mite look good on a flatbed / rig bed but leave this style off fleetsides lol

Basically like this ; but say the ovals or rounds are smaller (i rotated image 90° for orientation of how id do it)

Attachments

• IMG_7677.jpeg
    IMG_7677.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7678.jpeg
    IMG_7678.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 6

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome