Control arm cam bolt kits - why so many choices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more thing, regarding eccentrics.

For any given camber/caster adjustment, there's two positions the eccentric can be in, except when the amount of correction is so great that the eccentric is either all the way out or all the way in.

For anything in between, the eccentric can be positioned with the bolt above horizontal, or below horizontal.

You will probably do better if you keep the bolt below horizontal. If the inboard end of the upper control arm is lower, the truck may handle corners better. Any number of "classic" muscle cars have aftermarket kits, or repositioned brackets that either bring the steering knuckle end of the upper control arm "up", or the frame end of the upper control arm "down". Increasing the angle of the upper arm does good things for the roll-center of the vehicle. On '64--'72 GM "A-body", for example, the roll center as designed is below ground level. The lever-arm created by the very low roll center interacts with the center of gravity to promote wildly-excessive lean in corners. Raising the roll center means a shorter lever arm--and thus less lean in corners even without stiffer springs or bigger anti-roll bars.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I read before I installed the greasable is they keep bolts from freezing/locking up in bushings and make a future alignment easier. I give them a shot every once in awhile and 2 years later they haven’t broken, so whether or not they are weaker I can’t say.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a front end alignment done and they didn't touch the UCA adjusters so I'm guessing unless the bushings and ball joints are badly worn there is no need to mess with with them. Yeah,I'd pass on the greasable bolts and paint the bolts with antiseize.