cluster gauges do not go past the 1/4 mark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obs902500

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a c2500 with moon gauges, the gauges have been reading all under the 1/4 mark one by one. for example i replaced the oil pressure switch and it read good, but after about a week it started reading up to the 1/4 mark MAX and goes down as it normally would, same happened to battery voltage, then gas gauge, my gas gauge reads like it would (goes down with low fuel) but they just don’t go past the 1/4 mark at all, they all went out one by one like a week, week and half apart, my temp gauge still works and speedo works, they all work as they should, i have a new alternator, used battery that was rebuilt, and new fuel pump with sending unit, i’ve checked grounds, and took out cluster but still not working im kinda just thinking of getting a new cluster but if its a small problem i dont want to get a new one for that, any help is appreciated

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a c2500 with moon gauges, the gauges have been reading all under the 1/4 mark one by one
On my 88, I had the same issue with the fuel gauge, then water temp. I ripped the cluster out and bought the DD Dash. I didn't like the Moonies anyway. Edit: It was a lot cheaper when I bought it in ~2016 - about $450 IIRC.

www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=159/category_id=784/mode=prod/prd159.htm