Can anyone help me identify this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
no, that plate was originally for a 4x4 dodge diesel truck I had. I ran an offshore charter business for nearly 20 years as a side job. But our government ran me out of the business with senseless regulations.

That was my fishing forums handle and it stuck. Some of the crowd I run with still call me that. I doubt they know my real name!

Truck now has a "Classic Truck" plate on it that is personalized.

I'm not sure most guys who own a truck from this era even realize they are Classic Trucks. There are still a bunch of them on the road today here in Texas. I live in a rural area and see two or three everyday.

We just got back from Costa Maya Mexico and I seen one down there on the street!
Classic Truck or Car tags here in Texas, as far as I know, are applicable to any vehicle that is 25 or older. The major difference between the classic and antique plates are that classic has no mileage restrictions and antique plates do.

CaptnC

Reaction score
Down here they discontinued the classic tag at 25yrs and now if your vehicle is 30yrs or older you can get an antique tag. Mine sports one of those on the rear bumper. Another perk is once it's 30 years old you don't have to pay that $200 first time registration fee.
Well, next year my 1995 will have it's 30th birthday. But I like the looks of the "Classic Truck" tag.

I'm still waiting on the title from the guy I bought the 1971 C10 from. Be curious what I will have to pay to transfer that title.

I'm still not sure what to do with it. It's 100% original but has not been started in 10 years.

I want to turn it into a loud gasser with the solid front axle and have it stand about the same height as my 95 Z71. It's gold and white right now, I'd like to paint it flat orange. Do the interior orange and black.

I'm not planning to race it, just spin the tires without much effort. So the carburetored 350cid will stay...just put a few goodies in it!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, next year my 1995 will have it's 30th birthday. But I like the looks of the "Classic Truck" tag.

I'm still waiting on the title from the guy I bought the 1971 C10 from. Be curious what I will have to pay to transfer that title.

I'm still not sure what to do with it. It's 100% original but has not been started in 10 years.

I want to turn it into a loud gasser with the solid front axle and have it stand about the same height as my 95 Z71. It's gold and white right now, I'd like to paint it flat orange. Do the interior orange and black.

I'm not planning to race it, just spin the tires without much effort. So the carburetored 350cid will stay...just put a few goodies in it!
What if any restrictions on a “Classic Tag”? I assume that’s what we have up here called “Antique Plates”.
I would never do this here. Also, once it’s registered as an Antique, it can only be registered that way going forward.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if any restrictions on a “Classic Tag”? I assume that’s what we have up here called “Antique Plates”.
I would never do this here. Also, once it’s registered as an Antique, it can only be registered that way going forward.

No restrictions here,drive it all you want as long as it's insured.

CaptnC

Reaction score
Yeah, as HotWheels mentions above...here in Texas we have a choice of which tag we can choose. The Antique tag is very inexpensive, but not worth the loss of using the truck.

To be honest, when I bought the truck at auction, the age of the truck wasn't even part of the decision to buy it. IMO, the 94 to 98 GMC grill is the best looking years Chevrolet ever built. Then the fact it had a full size bed with a 350cid engine.

I was looking for something I could tow stuff with. Which I don't do very often, but it sucks not having something I could tow stuff.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have TX antique plates on my 67 D100. There are no mileage limits, but there are usage limits. From what I recall, as long as you aren't using it commercially or driving it to work/school any other purpose could fall into one of the allowed categories.

When they first started it, a 25 year old vehicle was ancient, but nowadays they're semi-modern. It wouldn't surprise me if they change the law.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Here in Michigan it's a "historical" plate, which can either be a new plate designated as such, or a plate from the year it was made. Unfortunately, the usage restrictions are so severe that it's pointless for anything more than a garage queen in my opinion. Holidays, club meets, and the month of August. People do drive them more, but they're at risk of getting in trouble if a leo decides to pull them over and they're outside of those categories. I'd rather not get in trouble because I decided to drive my "historical" car to work on a Tuesday.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here in Michigan it's a "historical" plate, which can either be a new plate designated as such, or a plate from the year it was made. Unfortunately, the usage restrictions are so severe that it's pointless for anything more than a garage queen in my opinion. Holidays, club meets, and the month of August. People do drive them more, but they're at risk of getting in trouble if a leo decides to pull them over and they're outside of those categories. I'd rather not get in trouble because I decided to drive my "historical" car to work on a Tuesday.
Pretty much the same in MA, but the killer is, once it’s registered like that, there’s no going back.