Can anyone help me identify this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I love how people get bent out of shape about a plate being shown on the computer screen when thousands of people can see the plate every day while the vehicle is out on public roadways.
While you're not wrong, postings on forums/social media have a much smaller circle of attention. Say something that a person doesn't like and now they have some information to attempt stalking you with. Depending on the parties involved, it could go any number of ways, but you never know until it happens.

Unrelated, but related. These kinds of dorks are everywhere, though I'm sure not many of them are this determined: https://apnews.com/article/online-gaming-attack-florida-1b7220a68fe4001bc7913acf07189875

Dude would be a grease spot requiring extra work with the pressure washer, around here.. I'd rather not have to go to the effort.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you're not wrong, postings on forums/social media have a much smaller circle of attention. Say something that a person doesn't like and now they have some information to attempt stalking you with. Depending on the parties involved, it could go any number of ways, but you never know until it happens.

Unrelated, but related. These kinds of dorks are everywhere, though I'm sure not many of them are this determined: https://apnews.com/article/online-gaming-attack-florida-1b7220a68fe4001bc7913acf07189875

Dude would be a grease spot requiring extra work with the pressure washer, around here.. I'd rather not have to go to the effort.

Richard
I agree and have considered this too. Crazy people do crazy things!

CaptnC

Reaction score
Did you get a promotion? Major?
no, that plate was originally for a 4x4 dodge diesel truck I had. I ran an offshore charter business for nearly 20 years as a side job. But our government ran me out of the business with senseless regulations.

That was my fishing forums handle and it stuck. Some of the crowd I run with still call me that. I doubt they know my real name!

Truck now has a "Classic Truck" plate on it that is personalized.

I'm not sure most guys who own a truck from this era even realize they are Classic Trucks. There are still a bunch of them on the road today here in Texas. I live in a rural area and see two or three everyday.

We just got back from Costa Maya Mexico and I seen one down there on the street!

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down here they discontinued the classic tag at 25yrs and now if your vehicle is 30yrs or older you can get an antique tag. Mine sports one of those on the rear bumper. Another perk is once it's 30 years old you don't have to pay that $200 first time registration fee.