Can anyone help me identify this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I know the difference between Classic and Antique plates in Texas USED to be that Antique had mileage restrictions (these were designed for vehicles that are not driven often, mainly for parades and to/from shows) and Classic did not have these. Antique plates also exempted the vehicle from inspection. We actually had them on a square body Burb that was practically yard art, but "Dad was gonna get it running again" and the city we lived in(suburb of Houston) wanted it to have a current plate.
What I was told a few years ago, when I was looking at getting Classic Truck plates for Burb once he hit 25, was that any vehicle 25 years old, or older, only required a safety inspection($6-10) and no longer required the emissions inspection. And the emissions inspection is only required in certain counties that are the big metro areas anyway, and for 24 y/o and younger vehicles. Since covid neither one of my trucks has current inspection/registration sticker (since there was a lenient period during the pandemic where they wouldn't ticket you for our of date sticker). Mom drives like an old lady anyway and we try to be extra careful and cautious when our and about. The title/DMV office is across Houston and has a tiny parking lot; we went over there once and had hell parking Burb so I know the big boy is not going to be able to fit in their lot. Also even with an appointment you're going to be there all day....so that means losing a day of work for this too.
So, yeah, post up with what you find out, since there doesn't seem to be much information available from the state....
I do know, though, that Classic plates are not supposed to be any more expensive than your regular standard registration, as long as you don't want a special number or personalized plate. That, you gots to pay more for....
I knew about the driving limits for antique vehicles. I'm not interested in that as I drive it (when the transmission isn't blow) daily. I'm just hoping to avoid inspections moving forward. My truck has to be "roadworthy" but I can hit 50 potholes on the way into the inspection shop... yeah okay. I'm about to leave mine out of date as little as I driv eit anyway. I'll register it as a classic after January 1st when the great state of Texas does away with it's bs inspection requirement.

/rant. I had some f*cknut try to fail my truck as he was walking up to it because "it's too loud"... It's got the mildest Flowmaster system they make (after revving the hell out of my truck as if he was proving his point he then crawled under to see that big fat muffler, he decided it was legal). Then it was "windshield is cracked" which does not extend into my view from the drive seat so not illegal. Try again. Then it was my tint... okay he got me there :Big Laugh: "I follow the rules... I follow the rules". MF you passed it the last three years and didn't mention any of it, now you "follow the rules"? Dude got caught doing something shady for sure lmao. Which I respected before, now, dude is an a$$hat. /rant

That took me to a dark place. Anyway, Classic registration. Didn't get a chance to call today, I'll call tomorrow and update. It's ridiculous they don't have this information publicly available. Thanks for the insight. Short of "I got classic plates and this is how and don't have to mess with emissions anymore", it gives me a lot of hope.