Camber adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I found this magnetic adjustable level for $10 on ebay. It should allow baselining before disassembly and getting the camber near where it was after replacing the control arms. I don't know what the ad means by "1/2 pack" or why I'd need two.
I appreciate input from anyone who knows more about this or other tools/methods.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this magnetic adjustable level for $10 on ebay. It should allow baselining before disassembly and getting the camber near where it was after replacing the control arms. I don't know what the ad means by "1/2 pack" or why I'd need two.
I appreciate input from anyone who knows more about this or other tools/methods.
How does a magnetic camber gauge work, when the description says:
Attention:

Do not include the round magnet.

Greg Pace

Reaction score
A couple of things, there are two knock out plugs in the frame on each side, it makes the round holes for the camber plate bolts (used for adjusting camber) into elongated holes to give more adjustment than factory, I have had to knock them out with a air hammer on every 400 front end I have rebuilt. If they get bent up with out breaking, use a die grinder to clean them up. The front end shops will tell you they can't align with them in and will charge $200 to remove them. The way I get the tires straight for the trip to the shop (25 miles in my case) is to use 4 jackstands or concrete blocks and run a string down both sides of the truck through the middle of the wheel kissing the rear tires front and back, then adjust tie rod ends till the front tires touch the string, now set toe in 1/32" on each side. Hope this helps.