Cab Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look good. Can you easily remove the rubber mount from the steel body? I will likely install these if I find my polyurethane body mounts too stiff.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look good. Can you easily remove the rubber mount from the steel body?
No, the rubber is molded to the steel.
I will likely install these if I find my polyurethane body mounts too stiff.
You will! I personally have never run poly mounts but a buddy of mine put them in his '77 Ford F-150 4WD. Going across rumble strips would rattle your teeth out.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I broke down and purchased these cab mounts for my truck as well. I'm going to reuse my factory bottom plates and the new GM bolts that I installed just last year. I'm very sensitive to squeaks, rattles, etc., so I suspect I'll be happier with these mounts. Thanks for posting, @Scooterwrench.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm considering welding in a patch-panel...but until then, maybe a 2X4. Or 1/2" plywood sheet.

I can't carry a passenger. Any weight in the right side of the cab, and the cab droops down so that the floor reinforcement clangs on the front U-Joint for the rear driveshaft--just behind the transfer case.

Even with just me in the cab, the cab interferes with the U-joint on bumps.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

God bless the Seasonally-Salted Frozen Wastelands.

The left-side cab mounts, and the forward mounts on the right side don't seem to be rusted...but I bet the rubber cushions are toast.
I have a rust free cab that im cutting up to fix up my 91. If needed I can cut out a section of the floor for you, im in Edmonton. I also have good used cab bolts and rubber from the same cab. All I need is the cab corners and rockers, the rest is going for scrap.

Attachments

• IMG_7243.jpeg
    IMG_7243.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7234.jpeg
    IMG_7234.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7233.jpeg
    IMG_7233.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 8

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a rust free cab that im cutting up to fix up my 91. If needed I can cut out a section of the floor for you
Thanks for the generous offer.

, im in Edmonton.
I think I can get what I'd need locally. I'm just scared to do it. I'm NOT a body-man.

All I need is the cab corners and rockers, the rest is going for scrap.
My understanding is that I need the right-rear cab corner including about two feet of floor. I think we need some of the same stuff.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the generous offer.

I think I can get what I'd need locally. I'm just scared to do it. I'm NOT a body-man.

My understanding is that I need the right-rear cab corner including about two feet of floor. I think we need some of the same stuff.
I will cut this cab up and offer you the rest of the floor before I scrap it. I’m not a body man either but I’m sure not spending big $ to pay a body man.