C3500HD vs Non HD hydrboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not know but if there one I bet the one for the C-3500HD is better then the regular 3500 one and if that is the case then I would buy the on for the HD

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a mention about it the HD versus the standard. Higher regulated pressure or the HD has a backup electric pump for pump failure emergency. That self test on every engine start.
It's in the service manual for that year.

Scupper

Reaction score
There's a mention about it the HD versus the standard. Higher regulated pressure or the HD has a backup electric pump for pump failure emergency. That self test on every engine start.
It's in the service manual for that year.
I'm not saying I doubt you, but from what I can tell from the photos, the hydroboost look exactly the same. I don't see any electrical connectors on the hydroboost. What does higher regulated pressure exactly mean?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have done any research into this? Look up the parts on any of the GM parts websites? They a better source or reference as they list what RPO they apply to and models applicable. Have you looked in the GM service manuals that have very thorough description and system operation , and diagrams.
I gave you information to aware of, not part numbers. As I said the service manual goes into detail. I gave you a source for information. I'm not a paid parts man.

Scupper

Reaction score
Have done any research into this? Look up the parts on any of the GM parts websites? They a better source or reference as they list what RPO they apply to and models applicable. Have you looked in the GM service manuals that have very thorough description and system operation , and diagrams.
I gave you information to aware of, not part numbers. As I said the service manual goes into detail. I gave you a source for information. I'm not a paid parts man.
I have tried to research into it but haven't gotten much of an answer. Most GM part websites don't even support looking up part numbers for parts this old or they claim that they can't verify fitment. I have read through all the hydroboost info in the second volume of the 1998 service manual for CK trucks and the only difference between the HD and non HD is that the HD has a retainer between the hydroboost and the master cylinder. I would guess that would change how far the push rod engages into the master cylinder, but if I am using the same push rod and and not using any retainer, the only discernible difference would be the hydroboost. I wasn't sure if maybe someone else ran into something similar and had anecdotal experience that I could trust. I pulled the trigger and bought it so I guess we will find out.