Budget custom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neffcarguy

Reaction score
I have seats from a 91 BMW 750IL and was wondering if anyone has fabricated similar??? My truck is a 96 chevy silerado 2500 HD with split bench. Really want the power and heated seats, and need to put seats in as no passenger seat is none existent and drivers is toast

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I doubt anybody here has put those exact seats into a GMT400 but its the same as any other seat upgrade. Take out the old seats, decide if your going to re-use or modify the factory truck bases or make new ones from scratch. In your case, you would probably make new bases since your going to use the BMW controls.

You should take pictures of your progress and post them up here as you go along!

neffcarguy

Reaction score
I doubt anybody here has put those exact seats into a GMT400 but its the same as any other seat upgrade. Take out the old seats, decide if your going to re-use or modify the factory truck bases or make new ones from scratch. In your case, you would probably make new bases since your going to use the BMW controls.

You should take pictures of your progress and post them up here as you go along!
I will do that. I picked up this truck off of a friends property after someone decided to camp out in it for some time, so i am stripping and steam cleaning all of it. Then gonna do my own custom comfort interior. Cost so far 300 plus a dump run or 2 from all that is in and on it

Attachments

• 20211024_181841.jpg
    20211024_181841.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211024_181820.jpg
    20211024_181820.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 4

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put mid-'90s Cadillac seats in my stepside. I had to build my own mounts, and I added drawers under them. On page 3 of my build thread I spelled out how to make them. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/89-stepside-way-cool-jr.46961/page-3

You must be registered for see images attach