Brake line replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zodiac572

Reaction score
Took both lines off of the T to rear drums , but no fluid leaking from the T ,,,, first time owning a 95 GMC , getting multiple answers, truck needs to be running for fluid to come out, too air blockage , rust stuck inside the T ,,, any information would help thank you

95 GMC C2500

Attachments

• 20240805_200148.jpg
    20240805_200148.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 8

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck does not need to be running for fluid to come out. That’s not how hydraulic brake systems work.

If the master is full you should get fluid movement. Crack the line on the frame bracket where the hard line transitions to the rubber hose. Does fluid come out there?

zodiac572

Reaction score
Truck does not need to be running for fluid to come out. That’s not how hydraulic brake systems work.

If the master is full you should get fluid movement. Crack the line on the frame bracket where the hard line transitions to the rubber hose. Does fluid come out there?
I know when i took it apart the right side had fluid in it still , but ill crack it open on the frame and see , someone also said it might be air locked not sure if assembing it and bleeding it would resolve it tho, guy before me who owned it just pinched the line off as he didnt want to fix it

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know when i took it apart the right side had fluid in it still , but ill crack it open on the frame and see , someone also said it might be air locked not sure if assembing it and bleeding it would resolve it tho, guy before me who owned it just pinched the line off as he didnt want to fix it
oh boy, one of those previous owners. Well if no fluid comes out of that line it’s time to start working your way to the master cylinder. The ABS module can be cycled via scanner to let out trapped air, but even on my truck with a broken ABS module that had air in it I still moved fluid to the rear. I would suspect that the hose has collapsed and degraded. Especially if it was pinched off.

zodiac572

Reaction score
oh boy, one of those previous owners. Well if no fluid comes out of that line it’s time to start working your way to the master cylinder. The ABS module can be cycled via scanner to let out trapped air, but even on my truck with a broken ABS module that had air in it I still moved fluid to the rear. I would suspect that the hose has collapsed and degraded. Especially if it was pinched off.
That be the hose that connected the brake line to rubber hose and the T , or is there more runner hose up the line?

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That be the hose that connected the brake line to rubber hose and the T , or is there more runner hose up the line?
The rubber hose in your first photo. Follow that to the union with the metal line on the frame. There is rubber hose for the front calipers, but that is a separate system to some extent.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s only 1 rubber hose back there. Highlighted in red.
You must be registered for see images attach

That’s the axle vent to the left.

zodiac572

Reaction score
The rubber hose in your first photo. Follow that to the union with the metal line on the frame. There is rubber hose for the front calipers, but that is a separate system to some extent.
Ok ya, just wamted to make sure thats the only one for the rear, the front brakes are in great shape, and i have a feeling that union is gonna be more fun to take apart lol