Best deep muffler for 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My vote goes for the Dynomax Ultraflo Welded 17221, a bit shorter that the 17223.
^^^ this

Although I like the longer (bigger) Dynomax mufflers b/c the smaller ones can get loud when engine RPM gets up 3000+ RPM... personal preference.

I have one big Dynomax (one-in 3", two-out 2.5") on my L31 S10.

I have two smaller Dynomax (one each side, 2.5" in, 2.5" out) behind the headers on my 350 Camaro.

Don't have part numbers handy.

I've never been a fan of Flowmasters.
^^^ this

That Flowmaster "hollow" exhaust note is something I've never liked.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do research, I have found some performance mufflers like turbo's, no matter who they came from to not sound much different on bone stock engines, and chambered, 1 or 2, no matter who they came from, a migraine waiting to happen.

I had magnaflow SS on a relatively stock engine, it sounded ok for a straight through muffler but not "****" such as Sean's car.

Last edited:

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have stock manifolds and head pipes into a single 3" (no cat), into a Cherry Bomb Salute 3" in and 2 X 2.5 out, into 2.5" Flowmaster tail pipes that exit behind the rear wheels. It's got a deep tone and fairly loud, but I really don't seem to notice much of a drone. I like it!

On my Buick GS400, I have stock exhaust manifolds with TA Performance 2.5" down pipes, a 2.5" Pypes exhaust with X pipe and Dynomax 2.5" turbo mufflers and that thing drones badly under 2000 RPM...

joog

Reaction score
My vote goes for the Dynomax Ultraflo Welded 17221, a bit shorter that the 17223. It has that classic "bark" when the truck starts, along with that nice glasspack rumble. IMO a single 3" exhaust with this muffler just has that "OBS sound"

I've never been a fan of Flowmasters. Catchy name and fancy box is about all they have going for them.

Do you have a video of your 350 with the dynomaxes?
^^^ this

Although I like the longer (bigger) Dynomax mufflers b/c the smaller ones can get loud when engine RPM gets up 3000+ RPM... personal preference.

I have one big Dynomax (one-in 3", two-out 2.5") on my L31 S10.

I have two smaller Dynomax (one each side, 2.5" in, 2.5" out) behind the headers on my 350 Camaro.

Don't have part numbers handy.

^^^ this

That Flowmaster "hollow" exhaust note is something I've never liked.