Auto to manual transmission wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris craig

Reaction score
I have a 92 c1500 with a 350 and a 4l60 NOT A 4l60e. I’m doing a T56 swap from an 97 Camaro and need help with the wiring for reverse lights and reverse lock out. The write up some guy did years ago has no info on the wiring. I figure I would get the shift knob with the button to do the reverse lockout. Is there a better way of doing that? And for the reverse lights I’ve looked for a harness to buy and can’t find anything and all the junkyards around me are automatics or the wiring has been cut. No luck on marketplace either. Links to a harness would be really helpful.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I have a 92 c1500 with a 350 and a 4l60 NOT A 4l60e. I’m doing a T56 swap from an 97 Camaro and need help with the wiring for reverse lights and reverse lock out. The write up some guy did years ago has no info on the wiring. I figure I would get the shift knob with the button to do the reverse lockout. Is there a better way of doing that? And for the reverse lights I’ve looked for a harness to buy and can’t find anything and all the junkyards around me are automatics or the wiring has been cut. No luck on marketplace either. Links to a harness would be really helpful.

Look at the wiring diagrams in a haynes manual or the factory service manuals stickied in the engine performance section. Nobody can tell you which wires to use because the wire colors changed all the time.

Btw: you have a 700r4, 4l60(not E) don't exist.