As the wrench turns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Well…the truck does not have a name yet but it is time to get it back in running order after sitting for an unknown amount of time.

Got it home with a pissing water pump and a p1345 code so I figured that is where I will start. But first I found this guy when changing the filter. Then found this other piece that was chewed on.

Purchased new
Whatever was chewed on evap wise lol
AC Delco water pump
Coolant hoses
Thermostat and housing
AC delco belt with idler and tension pulley
Oil and filter
Air filter
Fuel filter
And distilled water to flush the system

Not a bad list to start

After replacing the list above

Next was figuring out that code which had me worried because of not having a fancy scanner but thanks to factory service manual links which helped me diagnose the problem…

Reaction score
this time on as the wrench turns…

Having the factory manual through a link on here has been very helpful. I was able to get the motor to TDC on compression stroke, and found out that the last person who replaced the distributor did not clock it back after lining the rotor up with the 8. They were off when the gear meshed up with the oil pump.

After messing with it for a few minutes I was able to reinstall it with the correct orientation. (I decided to just put the old stuff back on to see if that solved the code before installing new stuff)
Then I clicked the ignition on and cleared the code and when I cranked it up there was no code. Then decided to take the two older kids to get ice cream in it!
Next up is a tune up.