Another LCA Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CE02668

Reaction score
Hey y’all so I’ve read through the forum and it seems to me that the lower control arms on an Astro awd are direct fits for K1500s but only the first generation cause of the knuckle. I saw a post saying that they bought LCA for a 99 Astro AWD and they fit directly on a 98 K1500 , can anyone else confirm this? I attempted to direct message the person but it they haven’t responded and I commented on the thread . It has only been 2 days but I’m eager to know .

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s also been mentioned, maybe not confirmed, that the ball joints sit at a slightly different angle in the Astro LCA’s. That would be a deal breaker for me.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will get different answers on the Astro arms, unfortunately. I’ve seen claims that they fit without issue or that they could not get them aligned right at all. I know there’s a pretty lengthy thread on them. I’ll have to find it. You may have seen it though.

Yes the Astro arms appear to be a nice off the shelf option. If it were me I would try to source a set off of eBay. Better yet - pull them yourself that way you can inspect them.

I know sourcing used isn’t always an option for people. It kind of sucks that it’s not offered new.

CE02668

Reaction score
It’s also been mentioned, maybe not confirmed, that the ball joints sit at a slightly different angle in the Astro LCA’s. That would be a deal breaker for me.
I wasn’t aware of that issue , thank you for bringing it to my attention.

CE02668

Reaction score
You will get different answers on the Astro arms, unfortunately. I’ve seen claims that they fit without issue or that they could not get them aligned right at all. I know there’s a pretty lengthy thread on them. I’ll have to find it. You may have seen it though.

Yes the Astro arms appear to be a nice off the shelf option. If it were me I would try to source a set off of eBay. Better yet - pull them yourself that way you can inspect them.

I know sourcing used isn’t always an option for people. It kind of sucks that it’s not offered new.
I think I read through the thread you’re referring too but I’ve been reading so much that all the information is starting to over lap.

I still have the original LCA but I’m not 100% positive the driver side is reusable due to the ball joint popping out of it while being towed.

Last edited:

CE02668

Reaction score
If I remember correctly another issue people run into with these specifically the 2nd generation is that the knuckles need to be cut with a grinder to for full articulation.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have the original LCA but I’m not 100% positive the driver side is reusable due to the ball joint popping out of it while being towed.
Which of the three styles of lower arm do you have?

Did the housing pop out of the arm, or the stud/ball pop out of the socket?

CE02668

Reaction score
Which of the three styles of lower arm do you have?

Did the housing pop out of the arm, or the stud/ball pop out of the socket?
I’ll need to get your some photos today , I believe they’re forged. The stud/ball popped out.