another dumb axle question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drifterwanb666

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dudes and dudettes, i got a 1996 k1500 tahoe, rear 10bolt on the way out. ive just bought a 01 suburban for the 5.3 and harness but i wanna use what i can from it, i cant recall completely but i belive its also a 10bolt, i know the rear suspension is totally different but i wanna rob that 3.73 g80 out of it and stab it in my pumpkin, is that doable or is it better to convert the entire assembly to leaf suspension? id like to rob the rear disc also but thats alot of work and i only have this vehicle to drive. i know how to rebuild differentials, i just dont know much about changes between these model years, if any besides suspension setup.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the rear disk conversion for gmt 800 is much simpler than you think, you just need the spacer and proper length bolts for the flange and after that is just a regular gmt800 brake job

drifterwanb666

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the rear disk conversion for gmt 800 is much simpler than you think, you just need the spacer and proper length bolts for the flange and after that is just a regular gmt800 brake job
that seems too easy, but i guess ill look into it more.