Aftermarket double din radio is the stock 1988-93 digital stereo location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdally

Reaction score
I don't use the Sirius/XM feature on the Retrosound unit. I have the Sirius package where I can stream it through the app on my phone. So, satellite channels are streamed via bluetooth. I bought the higher end Retrosound unit mainly for the subwoofer output that I do use. Regular AM/FM antenna is hooked up through factory antenna. I'm sure you could go to Crutchfield and look up their XM satellite receivers and see what the recommended installation is. You can usually find the installation instructions for whatever they sell in the description somewhere.
Thanks. Crutchfield has non-specific instructions that say go under the windshield trim. I'm just concerned the trim would be damaged and need to be replaced since it is the original windshield and trim.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Thanks. Crutchfield has non-specific instructions that say go under the windshield trim. I'm just concerned the trim would be damaged and need to be replaced since it is the original windshield and trim.
That's certainly valid. My only other suggestion is if there's a reputable stereo install shop within your area, go see what they suggest. The last thing you want is a leaky window, especially if it's original and undamaged. That . . . or Youtube has a video for everything.