Accelerator Cable for 1997 K2500 Suburban 7.4 replacement part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deepsiks

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue with the throttle cable on my 1997 K2500 Suburban 7.4—it’s starting to fray and causing the throttle to stick, leading to uncontrolled acceleration. I've been searching for a replacement part (GM 15733561 Cable Assembly, Accelerator Control), but so far, I've had no luck finding it in stock. I've tried the previous part (GM 15976287 Cable Assembly, Accelerator Control) and that also is not to be found.

Can anyone advise on a replacement cable that will fit and is in-stock somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue with the throttle cable on my 1997 K2500 Suburban 7.4—it’s starting to fray and causing the throttle to stick, leading to uncontrolled acceleration. I've been searching for a replacement part (GM 15733561 Cable Assembly, Accelerator Control), but so far, I've had no luck finding it in stock. I've tried the previous part (GM 15976287 Cable Assembly, Accelerator Control) and that also is not to be found.

Can anyone advise on a replacement cable that will fit and is in-stock somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
You can call Dan's Auto Parts in Montana.

212 Indiana St, Chinook, MT 59523
Phone: (406) 357-2615

Stan at Craig Motors in Napa, CA has always been helpful locating rare OEM parts: (707) 224-8111

Otherwise, you can try reaching out to any Chevrolet/GM dealership. Most can look at inventory in warehouses nationally. It's just a matter of them being willing to take the time.

If all those fail, then it's a salvage yard search.

Last edited: