AC Compressor Seal Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is this a thing? I found Four Seasons 24013, it sounds convincing in its name.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

But not in appearance. It doesn't look like something designed to hold back a full load of Freon. My dually in sig had AC then suddenly did not have AC. I pressurized the system and could hear air hissing out of the clutch area. I ran out of time before I could yank the compressor to get a better look, so I need to do that first to be certain of my mode of failure here. But I am wondering if a cheap reseal is feasible here. It used to blow uncomfortably cold and didn't make any "I'm dying" sounds. I've never so much as had to top it off either so it seems like the rest of the system is on the up and up. But I am down to swap out an orifice for better idle cooling if that's possible.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changing a comp seal is a thing and I've done it way more times then I can count. Just not on these compressors. I'm assuming you posted a pic but it didn't load. You are correct it doesn't look like it would hold much of a load but I'm dumb/cheap enough to try it. Biggest gamble I would take is do you have the tools to remove the clutch and then check/set air gap when you done? I've never had one of these clutches off before so I have no idea what all is evolved. If that is the seal it doesn't look to hard to replace when you get to it.

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
post what year and model you have and also what type of compressor to get Help in fixing your problem.
Replacing the compressor seal or bearing is not that hard to do.
I replaced the seal on my 1990 with the compressor still on the truck a few years back.
You can find the procedure on YouTube.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dually in sig is a 97 with a 454 with whatever compressor this is.

You must be registered for see images attach