AC Compressor Block Liquid and Return Line assembly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seosamh

Reaction score
Hello All.
Can anyone recommend a brand other than GDP for purchasing a new AC Compressor Block Liquid and Return Line? I waited too long and cannot return the one I installed two days ago when it failed. Prior to charging the system I ran the vacuum pump with no problem, then ran the vacuum pump for an hour. Everything worked out fine after charging the system but the AC Compressor Block Liquid and Return Line came apart at the compression fitting of the low side. Any advice recommending the best quality line I should source would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Also, this is for my 1990 K1500 5.7L Silverado.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like RockAuto has the "Genuine GM" part for $75, part number 153912. I'm sure it's made by someone else and re-boxed with a GM logo on it, but I'd be tempted to try it for only $10 more than the equivalent Four Seasons brand part.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like RockAuto has the "Genuine GM" part for $75, part number 153912. I'm sure it's made by someone else and re-boxed with a GM logo on it, but I'd be tempted to try it for only $10 more than the equivalent Four Seasons brand part.
They are all made in China, probably down the same assembly line now

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The AC Compressor Block Liquid and Return Line came apart at the compression fitting of the low side

That's probably the last place I would expect a failure, esp. so quickly.

Infant mortality mebbe, poor workmanship :think:

I assume you charged with R134a. Did you monitor the high- and low-side pressures after re-charging / initial run-in and, if so, what sort of numbers did you see?

Seosamh

Reaction score
Actually I neglected to Record the low and high gauges, all I remember is both gauges moved slowly but did not spike dangerously high. I guess I should have recorded the readings so I could get better advice from everyone here.