99 454 7.4 Vortec (L29/Motorhome) Oil Cooler Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wmoura

Reaction score
Trying to find the correct oil cooler lines for this model and none of the ones I see seem to have the correct connection at the oil filter area. Anyone has any idea what the correct part number this would be? I tried the numbers on the hose but the results don’t look right either. Here are some photos of the lines.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Those look like they might be unique to your coach application. Someone here might be able to point you in the right direction, but in the event you can't find those exact replacements, you might be able to get a local hose maker to re-use your end pieces and crimp them onto new hose.

Richard

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most likely will need to be re-constructed using the old metal line portions. Been there and done that on a P30 chassis and a W4 chassis.

My shop neighbor is a hydraulic shop. He chopped the ends off, tigged on new crimp fittings and re-made them out of a hydraulic fluid hose that was capable of handling the temperature.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
These seem a little pricey but they’re the only ones I’ve found that aren’t discontinued. Need one of the lines myself.

This is Both the Inlet (15737965) and Outlet (15737969) Hoses together.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These seem a little pricey but they’re the only ones I’ve found that aren’t discontinued. Need one of the lines myself.

This is Both the Inlet (15737965) and Outlet (15737969) Hoses together.
I bet it would cost nearly that much to have them rebuilt with new hose unless you know a hydraulic or hose shop owner.

That oil cooler that came up with it is outrageous for what looks to be a Truecool M7B like I have as a transmission cooler. $396 for a cooler that is under $150 everywhere else when it was available.

wmoura

Reaction score
I bet it would cost nearly that much to have them rebuilt with new hose unless you know a hydraulic or hose shop owner.

That oil cooler that came up with it is outrageous for what looks to be a Truecool M7B like I have as a transmission cooler. $396 for a cooler that is under $150 everywhere else when it was available.

I can't believe you actually found the part. I was having a hard time even finding the right one. But yeah, the price is crazy. Might be the only option though. :(

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
When you consider the oil cooler lines for a comparable year pickup run you $120-$125 for a pair of GM Genuine from Rock, I guess $179 really isn't that ridiculous. Doesn't make 'em any cheaper but maybe helps adjust the perspective.

Richard

wmoura

Reaction score
When you consider the oil cooler lines for a comparable year pickup run you $120-$125 for a pair of GM Genuine from Rock, I guess $179 really isn't that ridiculous. Doesn't make 'em any cheaper but maybe helps adjust the perspective.

Richard

That does help feel less bad about spending that kind of money. :)

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard
They were not much cheaper on the vans either. The 3 transmission cooler lines when I 4L85E swapped mine were close to ~$200 and that was 10 years ago. That being said I have learned that Sunsong are the same lines you get buying AC Delco down to the name printed in them. In the case of the trucks/vans when you buy them you are literally getting same ones you would from GM at a much cheaper price.

Last edited: