95 silverado running rich

Is carb better than tbi?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 95 silverado.305.that I used for several yrs and put in storage for 10yrs..it ran fine when parked..as soon as I removed it I knew it would need new fuel pump.cause tank was not drained..I decided to put new tank and pump..and replaced lines and fuel filter...I had suprise while working under...someone had sawed off the cat..and they got the part where the o2 sensor was...I mocked up a dual exhaust and test ran it..I notice it running rich especially when cold..OK so I decided gotta get o2 sensor back bought factory y pipe with the single o2 hole as stock..new o2 sensor..no improvement...next did obvious replace coolant sensor,replace map sensor..replaced and cleaned injectors in tbi with new.also replaced distributor cap module plugs etc...no improvement but got rid of a hesitation that it had on acceleration...so I start thinking many replacement pumps are not right fuel pressure...because since modern fuel injection has much higher pressure.I wanted to get accurate reading and hear cheap compression and fuel guages ng..I get snap on fuel pressure guage..yesterday I unhook line coming out of fuel filter and hook up guage..I'm getting 30psi...I think it could be more like 32 psi because the nipple was leaking a little...so here is question...what is c correct pressure for 95 tbi 15?..and is the pressure difference nought to overwhelm the tbi regulatory? Thanks in advance for any help!