94 gmc 454 manifold replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Genvmaniac

Reaction score
after lurking on here some 3-4 years I finally need to ask. My manifolds are leaky at the y pipe. Makes sense since there held on my 3 c clamps. So here’s my question. I have 2-3 broken manifold bolts going into the head. Every single one broken at the y pipe. I have new manifolds already that Ive been sitting on for some 3 years now. My question is since I’m in the rust belt and these bolts haven’t been touched since 94, should I replace junk with junk (manifold replacement) or spend the extra cash for headers. Either way I use the truck for towing and as a daily. so any help is wanted

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
after lurking on here some 3-4 years I finally need to ask. My manifolds are leaky at the y pipe. Makes sense since there held on my 3 c clamps. So here’s my question. I have 2-3 broken manifold bolts going into the head. Every single one broken at the y pipe. I have new manifolds already that Ive been sitting on for some 3 years now. My question is since I’m in the rust belt and these bolts haven’t been touched since 94, should I replace junk with junk (manifold replacement) or spend the extra cash for headers. Either way I use the truck for towing and as a daily. so any help is wanted
Good long tube headers will help with towing for sure. Large tube, 304 stainless, 3inch collector.

Genvmaniac

Reaction score
Good long tube headers will help with towing for sure. Large tube, 304 stainless, 3inch collector.
Any idea about milage though? I’m all for it I just don’t want to rip these damn things apart and have to spend even more money on stuff. I’m already bookoo bucks into this truck

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MPG or how long they will last? Every big block I have ever had got the same MPG no matter what I did, but if your talking how long they will last, that's why I noted 304 stainless if your in the rust belt. Use stainless bolts with high temp locktite and copper gaskets.

Genvmaniac

Reaction score
MPG or how long they will last? Every big block I have ever had got the same MPG no matter what I did, but if your talking how long they will last, that's why I noted 304 stainless if your in the rust belt. Use stainless bolts with high temp locktite and copper gaskets.
Thank you, and yea I was wondering about longevity. Thank you