94 2500 diesel swapp to vortec 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daniel17319

Reaction score
I have the wiring harness purchased, taking out diesel harness, do I need a gasoline fuel tank to send info to the computer, my computer has been reprogrammed for it as well.

Thanks guys

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
you will need more then just the engine harness you the rear harness that goes from the fire wall to the fuel pump and connects to the tail light harness and maybe a under dash/cab harness if you clean the fuil tank out good you might not need to change it you will need a gas gauge cluster as well

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the wiring harness purchased, taking out diesel harness, do I need a gasoline fuel tank to send info to the computer, my computer has been reprogrammed for it as well.

Thanks guys
You should document your whole build on here, I have been thinking about the same thing. There are several nice crew cab long bed one tons around here for $1000 to $1500 with dead 6.5's that would be nice to gas swap. I am sure others would enjoy it also.

daniel17319

Reaction score
you will need more then just the engine harness you the rear harness that goes from the fire wall to the fuel pump and connects to the tail light harness and maybe a under dash/cab harness if you clean the fuil tank out good you might not need to change it you will need a gas gauge cluster as well
Thanks for the input, I forgot to include one piece of information

It's a stick shift

Someone local said I needed a new gas tank so the computer could talk to the fuel pump.

Do you know where I can get the other wiring harness and cluster, thanks again.

99xcss4

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a nearly identical swap we took a 94 6.5 turbo diesel and ar putting in a 454 tbi we took the engine harness and the harness for the 4l80e sadly at the time we did not take the cab under dash harness did not knew we needed it till we put it together I am currently looking for a 88-94 95 may work do not know for shore though harness that goes from the fire wall to the fuel pump and tail lights here is a link to one but it is for a 96+ and I do not know if I could use it or not this listing has sold since the last time I looked at but this is what they look like for the most part I would try to get one at a junk yard preferably one that is your cab style and bed size if all you find is short ones it is okay though because you could make the wires longer if you really had to https://www.ebay.com/itm/1668817276...c/N6fi24glBzhNEzaDT4NrOCcK|tkp:Bk9SR-j09fy5ZA do have tach or non tach dash if you have a non tach dash just get another non tach dash from any gas truck if you do have a tach dash you need a tach dash for a gas v8 the v6 tach dash will work but it will not read right you are going to need a fuel ump and sending unit for

99xcss4

Reaction score
you say that you are putting in a 350 vortec what fuel system are you going to do carb tbi or the vortec fuel system if you are doing tbi you will need the chevrolet performance tbi vortec intake it is very expensive or you will need to get a carb votec intake and tbi adapter will will also need a tbi pcm distributor and tbi wire harness if you are going to use the vortec system you will need the vortec harness and you say that you have that so that is good you will also need the vortec pcm or a 0411 pcm and I think do not know for shore but you may need a cab under dash harness from a vortec truck and not a tbi truck

99xcss4

Reaction score
here are gauge clusters for example only I would get them from a junk yard if you can rather then online unless all the yards are picked clean non tach cluster the same for all v6 and v8 gas trucks https://www.ebay.com/itm/387060636217?_nkw=94+gmc+gauge+cluster&itmmeta=01J7C4TZTY3410A022E3NTSMAA&hash=item5a1e9c9a39:g:Nc0AAOSwTDFmYKzG&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA8HoV3kP08IDx+KZ9MfhVJKkW7F5Df8uXKg1OYsLtRCkliFGIwT2eVYlH6hgDvCa26nYFzG/2mCahGOuOlcztHuVK7v9hK0VxFTNFI+g5izsbohyJFZSAN+nmopScWbPIFwJe0pSZ/8Xf/on+8drCZfihKwVGwL5YwTzeMDxCwGrObLV9lrokfWlTesR79OCmKQlj8catxazQOe8kfexPfmsJvjInXIndVj0xag+4COwf08dQs8AhHb5ynXarJwDyOBNHn39w/JNhEPJaP0GbGKjPHMWzL58vV6jOg1eR4bDhrCneOaOYSdywhC+GP+1cXg==|tkp:BFBMyP3rhLtk&edge=1 tach cluster for gas trucks you need one that came from a 305 350 or 454 a v6 will read worng even though they all look the same the one in this listing is from a 454 https://www.ebay.com/itm/2860463483...CgWYtnAAbmpxWgd2Jjw==|tkp:BFBMyP3rhLtk&edge=1 this is for tbi it may also work with a aftermarket efi system

99xcss4

Reaction score
if you are doing the vortec fuel system I do not now if the old gauge cluster will work you may need a 96+ gas v8 cluster like the older clusters with the tach the v6 will not read right

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is no data producing device in the fuel tank, so I'd say no on that. The fuel level goes straight to the gauge and I don't know what powers the fuel pump from a stock harness but safety shutoff features aside, it's just switched +12v on a relay.

99xcss4

Reaction score
There is no data producing device in the fuel tank, so I'd say no on that. The fuel level goes straight to the gauge and I don't know what powers the fuel pump from a stock harness but safety shutoff features aside, it's just switched +12v on a relay.
the harness that goes from the fire wall that has the taillight harness in it has the the wires for the fuel pump and the fuel gauge in it they are not same between the gas and diesel the gas has 2 more wires in int to make the fuel pump work