94 2500 diesel swapp to vortec 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
this is a sending unit for a diesel notice that the plug only has 2 wires on it were as the gas sender has 3 wires on it
You must be registered for see images attach

daniel17319

Reaction score
the harness that goes from the fire wall that has the taillight harness in it has the the wires for the fuel pump and the fuel gauge in it they are not same between the gas and diesel the gas has 2 more wires in int to make the fuel pump work
Hey man I might hit you up again on this, really cool your doing this project to as well. sorry for the late response. I dont like typing this stuff out on my phone. I have the wiring harnesses from hot wire harness, they built a custom one for me, was a bit expensive but I checked it looks like it has everything. Have you done the fuel injection upgrade i may do that to, spider to direct injection, it looks like thats around 400 dollars. I would like to do a cold air intake straight pipes. I want to tune the computer when I'm done to, what else. Does that seem like the correct order, install performance upgrades straight pipes then tune computer, not sure how much extra horsepower ill get, from what i been told the vortec 350 has been detuned and i should get 50 to 100 more horsepower without loss of fuel economy, plus the upgraded factory fuel injection.

Thanks on the advice on the fuel tank I had a local mechanic say i needed a new fuel tank, that had a extra wire to send info to the computer.

Next is to remove all the emissions control stuff when I'm done to, let her rip.

I'm planning on taking it to Mexico and doing a off the frame painting and restoration.

thanks for the links and the help all yall

Should i go through and replace all the sensors, i did that on my 2001 ford ranger

What else, does this seem like a good plan, any other low hanging fruit?

daniel17319

Reaction score
should i go ahead and pull the trigger on the tac gauge?i live way out in the middle of know where. Not a junk yard in sight. I may try to get a spare truck tho for parts. looks like ill be needen than

THanks again man

daniel17319

Reaction score
What about a fuel pump shut off to deter the crooks, what do yall recomend for that?

What else fellas?

99xcss4

Reaction score
should i go ahead and pull the trigger on the tac gauge?i live way out in the middle of know where. Not a junk yard in sight. I may try to get a spare truck tho for parts. looks like ill be needen than

THanks again man
if you do not mind paying ebay price for tach gauge cluster go for it me personally I would try the yards first to try to save some money but given your situation only may be your only option

99xcss4

Reaction score
Hey man I might hit you up again on this, really cool your doing this project to as well. sorry for the late response. I dont like typing this stuff out on my phone. I have the wiring harnesses from hot wire harness, they built a custom one for me, was a bit expensive but I checked it looks like it has everything. Have you done the fuel injection upgrade i may do that to, spider to direct injection, it looks like thats around 400 dollars. I would like to do a cold air intake straight pipes. I want to tune the computer when I'm done to, what else. Does that seem like the correct order, install performance upgrades straight pipes then tune computer, not sure how much extra horsepower ill get, from what i been told the vortec 350 has been detuned and i should get 50 to 100 more horsepower without loss of fuel economy, plus the upgraded factory fuel injection.

Thanks on the advice on the fuel tank I had a local mechanic say i needed a new fuel tank, that had a extra wire to send info to the computer.

Next is to remove all the emissions control stuff when I'm done to, let her rip.

I'm planning on taking it to Mexico and doing a off the frame painting and restoration.

thanks for the links and the help all yall

Should i go through and replace all the sensors, i did that on my 2001 ford ranger

What else, does this seem like a good plan, any other low hanging fruit?
on my project that is on pause right now I am doing tbi I am not doing a vortec setup doing the spider upgrade from csfi to the mpfi spider is a good