91 c1500 step side 5speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a serious lack of space in the regular cab. I have a nice pair of Cadillac seats on home made mounts, but they're thick. With the seats all the way back against the back window I'm still closer to the steering wheel than I like. I'm under 200 lbs, but I have gorilla-length arms. I may have to go look for some Miata seats.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
The truck currently has a bench seat in it which is in great shape, but I want a little more room behind the wheel. should I keep the bench and try and move the mounts back or switch to a set of buckets and a console
The mounts aren't the limiting factor; as-is, you can slide the seat all the way back so that it's crammed up against the rear window trim/rear cab wall. It's as Erik said, the lack of room in the regular cab. About your only option is to get a seat that is a thinner design. You could also get a steering wheel that has less depth, though the 88-94 wheel doesn't have much to begin with.

I'm struggling a bit with the same thing as I've gotten so used to driving extended cabs, it's been tough getting used to a regular cab again. I swear years ago I've driven plenty of GMT400 regular cabs and never felt cramped like I do now.

Richard