'90 C1500 No Speedo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
'90 2WD 5.7 700R4

I've been banging my head against the wall with this on & off for a few months now. I've read every post I could find across multiple sites, including this one, to no avail.

There was a time when the speedo worked, intermittently then one day it just stopped and hasn't come back since. The last day the speedo worked I was on my way to breakfast. Speedo wasn't working when I left, then within a few miles it popped up & started working. While I was driving the truck just died, it popped the 10amp ECM fuse. Replaced that fuse & truck started right back up & the speedo hasn't worked since.

I get a Code 24 after X amount of miles. Sometimes I get a Code 9 flashing brake light too, but that's not as consistent as the Code 24.

I've followed every trouble tree I could find in the FSM & everything leads me to a broken connection/wire somewhere. I'm complete crap when it comes to reading/understanding electrical diagrams, so I cannot determine which wires I should be checking for breakage. If anyone who can actually understand wiring diagrams could tell me which wires I should be testing it'd be a tremendous help.

Again I've checked everything that the service manual said I should check. All physical parts are "OK", it's a break in the signal somewhere.

Any input is greatly appreciated as I'm pretty sure the TC isn't locking up either due to an inoperable Speedo & I don't want to damage anything in the trans.