89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forged pistons showed up today. It’s almost time to get back to the build.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
This is such an awesome thread! Parking lot picture is how I bought this truck 6yrs ago. For $613.00 with a bad tranny and only had $613 cash in my pocket the kid was over it. He had just put a ton of money into the engine cause it had been leaking and just causing him a ton of problems and then his tranny stopped shifting gears. He took it to a tranny shop and they told him he needed a new tranny. I was a tech when I bought it scanned it and replaced $80 worth of solenoids and a tranny harness and she’s been running like a top since. Currently sits 6” higher and on 35x12.5x15s this will be mine and my sons project! Thank you for the inspiration!

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went through and checked all the new pistons wall clearances, they are between .0045 & .005. The recommended range is .0035 & .005, so good there.
Waiting on the rings to be able to weigh the piston assembly and see if I need to rebalance the whole thing.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I figured it’s time for an update. Blue 2 (as my wife has taken to calling it) has been a real pain in the ass. We have been chasing down issues for the last couple of weeks, but finally have it running good and dependable. It’s going in for a windshield and an alignment next week. My son has started driving it to work and is really enjoying that first vehicle freedom.

Will you tell your son that I like his truck except for 1 thing? Those running boards! So ugly! Better send them my way and I’ll dispose of them! I’d even pay him to take them off and ship them.

Edit: SNCTMPL knows I’m being a smart-ass. I love those.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Will you tell your son that I like his truck except for 1 thing? Those running boards! So ugly! Better send them my way and I’ll dispose of them! I’d even pay him to take them off and ship them.
Too bad you are so far away....I have a bunch of that style running boards. Most people in this area don't want them, so if I don't sell them by the end of the year or soon after, I may just scrap them....

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
imho that kind of running board should be on a square body if you are going to some kind of step on a 400 I think it should be single steps or nerf bars

Last edited:

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Edit: SNCTMPL knows I’m being a smart-ass. I love those.
When we finally get them off they are yours.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the new pistons, pins and rings weighed 46 grams less, each. So today I drove down to Sacramento and dropped off the rotating assembly to get rebalanced. Should have it back in a week or so.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son and I were doing some cleaning and rearranging so we put his bed to get it out of the front yard and into the garage. Starts putting the stance into a little perspective. My son was super stoked with it.