700 R4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTuck

Reaction score
I’m running 1990 C1500 350 with a Modified and bored SPR TBI with carb adapter plate on a EPS Performer intake. This combo makes my TBI ride higher than factory height. I’m still currently using the factory TV cable and bracket set up. I set the TV cable as GM Manual stated. I was curious if anyone has ever seen Bracket system like they make when converting to Carb, but designed to still hook to TBI? Wanting to maintain correct Geometry with a modified set up.

Thank you

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m running 1990 C1500 350 with a Modified and bored SPR TBI with carb adapter plate on a EPS Performer intake. This combo makes my TBI ride higher than factory height. I’m still currently using the factory TV cable and bracket set up. I set the TV cable as GM Manual stated. I was curious if anyone has ever seen Bracket system like they make when converting to Carb, but designed to still hook to TBI? Wanting to maintain correct Geometry with a modified set up.

Thank you
Id first do a pressure test to confirm/deny you need any specialized bracket. Pay close atten to line pressure rise as you put your foot into the throttle.

Pressures at idle should be 55-80ish PSI in Park, neutral, drive and drive3; 90-110ish psi in reverse and 135-175 psi in manual 2nd and low.

If your pressures are in those ranges, check pressures at full TV - they should be 100-150% higher and line rise should be immediate. This applies to all range positions, except for manual 2 and low.

If line rise isnt what it should be, contact Bowtie Overdrives, provide your TBI and intake info so they can sell you a braket that will work and give you the correct geometry.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the best you can do use this aftermarket adjustable tv cable.

Much easier than the factory “click” adjust that’s only really setup to be SET not adjusted. Try to match your TV cable height to sit level. Space up the cable bracket till it’s level. There are various length TV cable setups from GM so it’s not as simple as a certain distance between the bracket and the TB lever mount.

Attachments

• IMG_7377.png
    IMG_7377.png
    754.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

JTuck

Reaction score
Id first do a pressure test to confirm/deny you need any specialized bracket. Pay close atten to line pressure rise as you put your foot into the throttle.

Pressures at idle should be 55-80ish PSI in Park, neutral, drive and drive3; 90-110ish psi in reverse and 135-175 psi in manual 2nd and low.

If your pressures are in those ranges, check pressures at full TV - they should be 100-150% higher and line rise should be immediate. This applies to all range positions, except for manual 2 and low.

If line rise isnt what it should be, contact Bowtie Overdrives, provide your TBI and intake info so they can sell you a braket that will work and give you the correct geometry.
Appreciate the information!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through this with my '89. I have a Holley Sniper on a Summit (Weiand) intake. My geometry was off, and an "adjustable" cable doesn't fix it.

I shot a video explaining my troubles and showing how to ensure you won't burn up your transmission.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media