4l60e to Muncie swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454C2500Longbed

Don't listen to me, I'm retarded
Reaction score
Sadly, that couldn’t be further from the truth. I have been looking for NV4500’s here for 2 years. Cheapest I’ve come across in central VA is $1500, with 200k+ miles and no clutch or flywheel, no pedal assembly, no master cylinder, slave cylinder, etc.

Between the rebuild kit and the transmission, I have $400 in it so far. Add in a hydraulic conversion kit from American powertrain, a clutch, flywheel, mount, and a Hurst shift kit, it’ll be about $2,000. An NV4500 swap with the pedal assembly and used master/slave cylinders would’ve cost far more than that, and they are used with high miles, and would warrant a rebuild before swapping in. That American Powertrain kit works across a lot of the older transmissions and the T56, which is ultimately the transmission I will eventually get once I can find one that isn’t crazy expensive.
Ouch. That's a rough time. Looking forward to seeing your swap though!

I probably shouldn't tell you how much I picked up my NV4500 for with everything and a ton of parts.