3rd Door Handle Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire84rescue

Reaction score
I have a 97 K1500, and can't find a replacement. I didn't know if anyone knew of any for sale somewhere. I have searched hours on end trying to find one. The issue I am having is trying to find an image of one to compare to, as the spring came off and not sure how it goes. If anyone has an image of one that would be beneficial for sure. Thanks in advance!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn’t watch all of it, but maybe this video will show how the spring is attached.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

fire84rescue

Reaction score
I didn’t watch all of it, but maybe this video will show how the spring is attached.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I have watched that one a few times, and can't get a good image of the assembly unfortunately! Thank you though!

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really related to your question, but is (was) yours hard to open? On mine you have to push it it while pulling the latch all the way out, just wondering if there was a known fix for that.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it inspired me to open mine up to see why it’s hard to open. Took some pictures. In one I have a pen pointed to where the end of the spring hooks to the arm.

It looks like mine has a riveted washer on the end that isn’t in your photo. Yours may have broken (and is in the bottom of the door).

Hope this helps.