350 TBI Bogging between 800-1000 rpms?? Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright well we completely reset the timing, unclipped the est wire and plugged it back in and its still doing it :( I have no idea at this point. Is there any sensor on the TBI engines you guys can think of that would make it bog at low rpms like this? I'm not getting any codes either...sigh.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you check your plugs to see what they look like as i had mentioned before? someone said an egr fixed their problem.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yup I just wanted to chime back in and say I did a little more research. It was my EGR. I disconnected the vacuum hose and plugged it, now its smooth as can be. I need to get another EGR but I've heard they're pricey. I hope this won't affect gas mileage and emissions too bad for when I go through inspection tomorrow.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not sure weather it will or not to be honest. but i think your milage would be worse, but since it has not been working right it will prob be the same as it has been,

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. With it bogging down like that the mileage was terrible. It can't be any worse now than it was. Thanks for all your help man.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep theres only one way to find out, when you can replace it, if you see a boost in MPG awesome, if not well it still runs better right? lol. your welcome any time man!