350 TBI Bogging between 800-1000 rpms?? Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olred88

Reaction score
I had a similiar problem on my 88. I replaced the EGR valve and it cured it. Hope this helps!

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this and I did the plugs, wires, dist cap I talked to many guys and I am pretty sure it was the timing and so were all my gm tech friends but these trucks arent the easiest to time so i did it by ear and it helped a **** ton

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See this makes alot of sense about the EST. ALot of people don't know about that wire, and I bet my mechanic even didn't know about it. Do you have to have it unplugged while you set the timing? I unplugged it last night and cranked it for a sec (runs horrible when unplugged) then plugged it back up although I don't think that fixed it. So should I unplug it and set the timing, please let me know.

ALSo, my EST wire isn't under the hood, its under the dash on the passenger side?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes because when we changed out distributors even, they never unplugged it...Damn and I knew about this too but had too much on my mind or something..wtf. Well atleast I know this could be a likely cause. Thanks for the reminder.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So glad I know what the answer is now. I know exactly where that wire is. I should've known better to tell them when they were doing it. I just had so much on my mind. I figured them, being legit mechanics would catch that. We changed sensors, distributors, everything.

Thanks alot yall. If it means anything yall have been 1000 times more help than anything I got at gmfs or fsc (not hating on them for not knowing the exact problem for a slight bog) but thanks again yall for your time..

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fullsizechevy.com blows, nuff said. let us know when you figure this out.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to knock it out this weekend. I'm sure this is the problem, it all make sense. The timing is probably a tooth off or the computer is messing with it. Right now, when I barely feather the gas the computer is sending way too much fuel causing it to bog like all hell. I've noticed alot more gas usage just around town driving so once we get it set for sure, ill be fine. Thanks again.