321 mile 1998 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Reading thru the entire listing/post/comments on BaT to get the whole story before making off the wall comments about something you know nothing about?? What a radical idea!
Those that have read my posts over the last couple of years are well aware that I teach HS and AP level physics. Gathering evidence and supporting a logical claim with sound reasoning is something I teach EVERY day. You'd think that when presented with the evidence that facts would prevail, but alas sometimes is doesn't.

Evidence > Misinformation

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had not thought of the brake pedal wear and tear. I looked for close up pics of the pedal, there are none. Therefore, I cannot offer an informed opinion on whether the mileage is correct or not. At this point, I would have to trust the seller and that B.A.T. has a quality site. It is always a "Buyer Beware" with an auction.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if you've $80K to spend on that truck, that it really doesn't matter. No one likes to get ripped off, but they won't end up homeless eating out of dumpsters because of it. Like all investments, it's a bit of a gamble.

If they bought it to drive, then they were always going to lose 90% of the value anyway.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this looked a bit shoddy…but idk if it’s just from a poor undercoating job.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also, I get that the front shield could be the black plastic version, but why is the front differential shield black?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I thought this looked a bit shoddy…but idk if it’s just from a poor undercoating job.

Also, I get that the front shield could be the black plastic version, but why is the front differential shield black?

The drips? The PO of my truck used a case of aerosol undercoating on my truck, so I never saw it factory clean even though it only had 6000 miles on it. The drips look ike something GM would do, to me, Though.

That front shield is plastic for sure. The front diff skid plate looks just like mine, and it's aluminum. It's probably just not reflecting much light because the angle.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score

It's aluminum. I looked at all the pictures carefully when the auction ran. Also, if there's undercoating someone did a heck of a job. There's normally overspray everywhere and I don't see any on surfaces that are non coated (like the skid plates). Look at the two bolts on either side of the cross member in the first pic. Those would be black if covered in aftermarket undercoating. In my semi-expert observation, everything underneath is factory. There may be some lifting of factory coating here and there that even a good climate controlled environment wouldn't prevent. Humidity, even in Ohio where the trucks came from, is not road salt by any means but it also wreaks havoc on stored vehicles.

Last edited: